Siirry pääsisältöön

Reality shows and gossiping #1

I've never been very interested in reality shows before. I used to think it was very low quality entertainment and that it was a waste of my time. I'm still not comlpetely sold on it but I get it now why people want to watch them. Last spring I started watching Netflix's Love Is Blind, just because I had seen some things about it on Instagram and people seemed to be enjoying it.


The idea of the show is that there are single people living in a space together, while being separated from the other gender (like the women are in a space together and men in an other space). The only time they interact is in these "pods" that are separeted with a wall, but you can still hear the other peson. So it's basically dating but not being able to see the other person.
 
When a person wants to see their partner for the first time, they propose and if they get a positive answer they're engaged! And btw all this happens in like a week. Then the pairs go on a honeymoon together where they also meet all the other pairs who got engaged and after the honeymoon they move in together. The big climax of the show is when at the end they have weddings and decide wether or not to say "I do".


Now there's still things that bother me about the show that make it seem ingenuine (because it probably is) but overall I guess I enjoy it since I've watched two whole seasons and waiting for the third one😁. What made it even better was watching it together with my friend and then being able to discuss it with someone. 


Another "guilty pleasure" of mine has been reading posts from the AmItheAsshole subreddit and specifically through the @toxicreddit Instagram account. Basically it's people writing about a thing that's happening in their life and asking if they are in the wrong fro doing or saying something. The stories on that IG account are absolutely wild sometimes and make you want to wish they're not real just because it's terrible that we are living in the same world with these kinds of people. The ones I linked below aren't the worst ones but just some that I found entertaining.


I don't think of myself as a jungemental person. In my everyday life I try to check myself when negative throught about others pop in to my head. I also don't like drama or seek it out in my own life. I try to be kind and I think as long as it's not hurting anyone people should be able to do whatever thay want. The reality shows and social media posts are one place I let myself be a little judgemental and gossip about it with other people. I wonder why is it a little bit fun (yes fun and I know many would agree) to judge people from a distance or see the private moments that you usually wouldn't. 

I'll get into it in part #2 so stay tuned!!! I know sorry, but this is going to be way too long otherwise and no one will read it.

Ofcourse I had to let you in on it so here's some of the reddit stories. For those of you who aren't familiar AITA=Am I the asshole YTA=You're the asshole NTA=Not the asshole NAH=No assholes here


Kommentit